The best part about I heart Monday, and the reason I take time to do it each week, is that it makes you take time to appreciate the things that make you happy. You can add a photo a day, or just reflect on your week. What made you happy? What did you love?
The people in my family are avid news watchers. This is both good (to stay in the know) and bad. Most of the news is about people being shot or a store robbed. It's not very often that you hear about all these animals getting adopted from the Toledo Humane Society, or someone who got their layaway paid for (both of which are real stories I have read this past week). It seems the news channels save these stories for the online version of the news. It would be nice to hear something GOOD for once! And that my friends, is why I started this.
This week there are more than I thought!
The first is Project Life. If you don't know about this then you are REALLY missing out! They are journal/scrapbook kits that are so easy to use. You buy them in parts, the binder, the style of cards (they have loads of different themes), and then the page protectors. They even have some embellishments that you can also purchase. They are a bit pricey but I bought mine at Michaels and used a 50% off coupon for each item. Thanks for helping Dad! So in the end they weren't that bad. I'll give links to the products at the end. :)
The idea is that you use their page protectors which have different layouts along with their cards and your own photos to make a scrapbook page.
They even have an app (.99 cents) that lets you scrap on the go! I prefer printing my photos though, and love that 'put together' feel of a scrapbook, so I just purchased the app for photo edits and the cute card packs. I've used the app for my I heart Monday collages today!
This is the first page of my scrapbook and I am loving it already! I'm sure I'll change it about five more times. But for now here's what it looks like. Good vibes!!!
These collages are using the Project Life app, and have some cards mixed in with the photos. I'm just going to explain the photos!!
1) The first one is the Christmas tree cookies. These are from pillsbury and are of the 'take them out of the package and bake' variety. They remind me so much of home and Christmas. Yum! Plus they're 2/$5 at Kroger this week!
2) Number two is the Christmas tree! We are decorating it tonight and got all the lights on. This is my first Christmas in about three years away. I do miss Christmas at home, but I also miss Christmas in Thailand!
3) I found these cool ribbons when I was cleaning out the upstairs bedrooms. I love this natural colour scheme with the pop of red.
4) I found this box in the garage while looking for a box to hold my homemade advent calendar that I wrote about yesterday. I love the writing on the box and how it looks worn and weathered. It makes me wonder where it was before I got it from the antique market!
5) This is just the blotter napkin that I use when I am painting with watercolours. I always find that the napkin looks so interesting when I am done with it, and I end up saving them all!
6) This is a coupon code from Walgreens. Use PRINTSORDER to get your photos printed for 10 cents each! Such a good price and the code is good until December 6th. I've just printed 700 photos from the last year to use with my Project Life scrapbook supplies. So excited!
7) Number seven is a photo I found from the summer. I love how it looks. The colours are so vivid. It reminds me of summer.
8) Yesterday we put up all our Christmas lights. Our house looks like a freaking gingerbread house! We bought LED Christmas lights a couple years ago (maybe last year I can't remember) and they are so bright!
I want to thank everyone again for all the kind wishes, thoughts, prayers and kind words you all have sent my family since the accident. We are all so grateful and appreciative. We are still recovering and still very sore, but we will eventually heal and things will go back to normal. Thank you all so much.
Lots of love,
I'm Tory, the creator behind The Barmy Fox. My current loves