I thought for a minute that I wouldn't do it anymore, or maybe change it to something else, but then I started to remember the reason behind it. WHY I wanted to start an I heart Monday series and why it meant so much to me.
I started this because I wanted people to think about the things they love (or heart) in their life. Life is not always full of rainbows and unicorns, and sometimes it's straight up, pardon me, bullshit. I started this because I needed some reasons to smile, and started searching for them each week.
Monday is the hardest day of the week for me, and always has been. There are some people who wake up on Monday morning with a smile on their face, drink their coffee and sing all the way to work. I do all of those things too, although begrudgingly. I am not naturally a happy person in the morning. It's something I 'put on' like my clothes. I purposely wake up extra early. Take a long bath. Have a coffee. Maybe some breakfast. I give myself extra time to wake up and get in the mood for the week.
Just writing the I heart Monday post makes me excited for Monday! I'm so thrilled to share all of the things I love with you, in hopes that you too will have a great start to your week.
1. Pineapple and palm tree anything. I have a pineapple sweater, always use the pineapple emojis, pineapple and palm tree wallpaper on my phone, and am eyeing the perfect pineapple planner (they are sold out!). They give the perfect summer vibe to everything, and sometimes I even throw in a watermelon for good measure. 🌴🍍🍉
2. Iced Green Tea Lemonade from Starbucks, and similarly the Iced Green Tea from Panera. These are like crack to me, I cannot get enough. So I went on a search for a hack. The Starbucks one was easy. Tazo green tea and lemonade. Buy them separately and mix them together. Instructions are on the Tazo tea box! However, I'm stuck on the Panera one. When I find out, I will share, and if you know then you better share as well!!!
3. S'mores Oreo cookies. Omg. These are heaven. If you know me then you know that I love anything s'more. David and I even had s'mores at our wedding! Love a s'more. I had low expectations for these, since nothing is really the same as a s'more from a bonfire, but they are actually delicious! The only problem I have is that they are in smaller packages. Why in the world would they do that?! I want a huge package of Oreos, not a snack size. Ha! Seriously though, delicious and I'm going back for more, as they mysteriously disappeared in one day.
4. Lavender and Rose Gold coloured hair. I am borderline obsessed with these two hair colours. I think I know what I'm getting at the next hair appointment!!
5. Baby raccoons!!! So last week I was looking all over for Simba (our small-ish dog) and he was nowhere to be found. I was literally shouting 'Simba do you want treats?!' all over the backyard and inside the house. That dog basically loves for food, and since he didn't come running we were convinced he was gone. Come to find out, he found two baby raccoons and did not want to leave them alone! They were sleeping behind our garage and Simba couldn't quite get to them, just sat near them with his little tail wagging up a storm. So funny! I took loads of pictures and Simba was so proud of himself. :) Quite the excitement for a Wednesday! On Thursday morning they were gone, so I am hoping they found their momma and went somewhere safe.
6. This quote. I know I've shared it before, but can't quite get it out of my head. I love this so much because it is so me. I found out who I am in Shanghai, and made loads of friends from all over the globe. I met my husband there, and that was the first city in which we fell in love. We travelled to Thailand and the Philippines, and I left a little of my heart in those places too. We went to England and I started to fall in love with each town I went to, and all the friends I met there. And then I took David to the lake, to where I first left a piece of my heart.
I know that even though I don't live in China anymore, it will always have a huge chunk of my heart. It's hard to think about moving to another place, because I already know of a place that is so special to me. But that's the exciting part; that I get to do all of this all over again with David, meet loads of new people and hopefully leave another piece of my heart in another country as well.
What are you loving this week?! It could be a product that you can't live without, an experience that you enjoyed or just a quiet moment during the week. We want to know!!!
Do share with others, and spread the love!
And whilst you're at it, leave ME some love!
I'm Tory, the creator behind The Barmy Fox. My current loves