Pull up a seat, grab a cup of coffee, and munch on some chocolate while we introduce you to Dessie.
Name: Destinee Renee Lewis
Nicknames: Des, Dessie (pronounced dess-see)
Age: 26. I think. I never really know how old I am, but I’m pretty sure I’m 26.
Ethnicity: Filipina on the outside, white girl on the inside.
Hair: Black/dark brown
Relationship Status: Married for 1.5ish years. Cue all the boys crying hysterically.
1) Are you a morning or night person?
Neither, I’m an afternoon person.
2) Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods?
Depends on the meal, but I like both!
3) Ninjas or pirates?
4) Ninjas vs pirates, discuss.
Is this a real question? Ninjas. They’re so sneaky the pirates don’t stand a chance. Also, I’m Asian so I’m biased.
5) Autobots or Decepticons?
6) What was your favorite childhood television program?
Sailor Moon and Rugrats.
7) Are you a collector of anything?
Postcards. Hint, hint. (and shoes. HINT HINT)
8) If you could be any animal, what would you be?
Well, I’m already a cat reincarnated so….
9) If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
The ability to travel with the blink of an eye. Or stop time. Both, actually.
10) What is usually your first thought when you wake up?
11) What do you usually think about right before falling asleep?
“I wonder if my lives have refreshed in Gummy Drop”
12) What’s your favorite color?
13) What’s your favorite animal?
Cats. And beagles.
14) Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets?
Have you met my husband? OF COURSE I DO. (I love you, babe!)
15) Do you believe in ghosts?
YES. SO MUCH YES. It’s so creepy.
16) Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)?
Yes. Think of any you can play on your phone and I’ve probably be addicted to it at some point.
17) You’re given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on?
Logically: bills- Student loans (mine and my husbands---told you I love you!), car payments, mortgage, etc. Illogically: SHOES.
18) Have any bad habits?
Oh my word. SO MANY. I curse too much, I eat too much, I drive too fast. All the things.
19) Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy?
I HATE when people chew with their mouths open.
20) List 3 of your best personality traits:
Loyalty, honesty, and sassy-ness (?)
21) List 3 of your worst personality traits:
Judgmental, impulsive, angry.
22) Have any celebrity crushes?
My list would be longer than this questionnaire.
23) List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself:
My height issue. Or I’d give myself a butt. Either one.
24) Any tattoos or piercings?
Currently: ears pierced, and 4 tattoos.
25) What’s the first thing you notice in the opposite sex?
26) What personality traits do you look for in a partner?
Honesty, humor, intelligence, and compassion.
27) What personality traits do you dislike in other people?
I HATE when people are too full of themselves. YES, confidence rocks but don’t go overboard.
28) Do you see yourself getting married in the next 5 years?
I already am, and I don’t see myself getting a divorce and then remarried in 5 years. Too much work.
29) Are you mostly a clean or messy person?
Depends. During the week, I’m a wreck. Especially my closet. But usually Thursday/Friday is when I start to really clean up after myself. Sunday is when I try to deep clean the house.
30) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
I love Charlotte, but I wouldn’t mind living in San Diego.
31) If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
32) List 5 goals on your life’s to-do list:
Be happy, love life, cherish my husband, appreciate my family, and make our backyard into the perfect party yard.
33) Name 1 regret you have:
Not finishing college.
34) Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid:
35) Name 1 thing you love about being an adult:
I don’t have to wear pants if I don’t want to.
36) What’s your favorite song of the moment?
37) What’s your favorite song of all time?
Under the Bridge.
38) What’s your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night?
Eat chocolate and lounge on the couch with my hubby. Or take a bath and read.
39) What’s your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon?
Lay in bed. In the dark. Like a vampire.
40) Have any hidden talents?
I’m really good at looking like I tried with my appearance when I really usually get ready in like 10 minutes.
41) You’re about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal?
Chicken adobo, lumpia, and turon.
42) What would be your dream job?
Blogging, crafting, and styling from home.
43) Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love?
Well, since I have true love now, I’ll take that 100 million please.
44) If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be?
-Take away all of mine and my husband’s debt.
-Travel the world.
-Have a walk in closet filled with shoes, clothing, and purses the size of a house.
45) Ever wish you were born the opposite sex? If so, why?
Yes. Each month when mother nature blesses me for not being pregnant, I wish I were a guy.
46) Name 1 thing not many people know about you:
I was once in a drive by shooting. No, I was not shooting people.
47) If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to?
48) Do you believe in the afterlife?
49) On the topic of abortion, how do you feel about cookies?
GIVE ME ALL THE COOKIES. Except the ones with almonds, keep those. I’m allergic. Actually, keep all the ones with nuts unless it’s peanut butter.
50) What is your biggest fear?
That I die without being able to impact someone’s life in a positive way.
Until next time,
I'm Tory, the creator behind The Barmy Fox. My current loves