I'M IN ENGLAND!!!
I finally made it to England and am so very excited! So far we have visited a school, had brunch with loads of friends, made a ton of cookies (they are called biscuits here-whatever-they're delicious no matter what you call them), painted parts of the house and changed the room around. BUSY!
Don't even worry though, I've got a long list of things I love, but will only choose a few for this post! Gotta save some for the next time!
I will admit, some of the things are the same as Dessie's monthly favourites, but don't even care. I love them too!
One thing I cannot have is all my friends in one photo. I am so grateful for the people I have met whilst I have been back in the states this last year. I have made the most amazing friends who I know will be ever lasting. So blessed to have met these people.
I'm also so grateful for the friends I have in England. I've only known them for a bit, but they have been so great. I am so lucky to have friends all over the world.
Fossil 1954 perfume. I found this when I was at the outlet mall in Charlotte. Omg. It smells so good. I bought it for Des as well because it's so divine. Seriously check it out. It's so worth the price!!
This baby. I got this for my birthday last year and have just now been able to use it (visa troubles etc, plus I've been in the states and it has been in he UK, it makes it hard to use). It's amazing!!! Seriously. Opening this mixer was like opening a box of neverending joy. I just keep thinking of things I could be making! David is going to gain some weight I think!!
These are gods gift to British people, and I am loving it. We had a lovely lunch with Fi and Kay on Saturday and their little puppy Monty. He is adorable!! He was loving the sunny weather and so were we! Afterwards we had some dessert and then headed home.
Before I left for my holiday in England, I made about eight bags in three days. For me, this is amazing!!! I was so happy to make them for everyone and cannot wait to get back and continue to make more! I am literally planning my next bags whilst I am here. Crazy but it's the truth. I am addicted to sewing.
I'm back on July 31, so if anyone wants to place an order, just message me!! Alternatively you can leave it in the comments, either way I will get it!
I've just discovered the Srarbucks Bistro boxes. Where have these been all my life? This one has been a fave for a while, with hummus, trail mix, salmon cream cheese and cucumbers!! It's so delicious and it doesn't make me feel like I am eating crap all day.
They are relatively cheap as well, considering most fast food meals are between $3 and $6. The bistro boxes are between $4 and $6 as well. To me, it's worth it if you are on the go and need to make a healthy choice.
Get you some!
Last but not least is Jaclyn Hill. I have just found her and I think I am in love! If you know me, I'm really not into makeup or getting too done up, but recently I have found myself more and more interested in learning HOW to do makeup. Not so I can do it everyday, just so I know how to do it.
Jaclyn is amazing at makeup and I cannot wait to get her Champange Pop highlight (by Becca) from Sephora. So good. It is seriously the perfect colour for anyone's highlight. Can't wait.
I also love her snaps. They are so real, meaning that that don't seem scripted or too planned. I love that. It's just her in real life. Love it. You can follow her snaps at jaclynrhill on snapchat.
You can follow MY snaps at torymcnidds!!! Add me and send me some snaps!
That's it for this I heart Monday!! What are you loving this week?! Leave your current loves in the comments below!! Don't be afraid to spread the love.
I know I’m REALLY late on this but here are my June Monthly Favorites! J
1. My friends. I know that this is sort of an always favorite type of thing but I’ve realized that I have made some AMAZING friends this year and for that, I’m eternally grateful.
2. Starbucks Iced Espresso Caffe Mocha. This thing really gets me through the week. It’s so much easier than making a hot coffee and waiting for it to cool and it’s much cheaper than buying a coffee each day. I mix it with a little bit of soy milk and ice. Yes, yes yes!
3. Ann Taylor Factory Outlet. Seriously. I have been trying to upgrade my wardrobe to be more professional but I find that I don’t fit in women’s clothing very well. Petites work but not many stores carry things that are in my price range and are cute. I have spent SO much here in the last month but I have saved five times as much. This store has the largest petite section I have seen thus far.
4. Bath and Body Work’s Stress Relief line. I use their hand sanitizer constantly. Actually, it’s the only one I buy. I’ve recently started using my lotion from this line that I purchased months ago and I remembered how much I love it. The smell completely relaxes me.
5. Lush’s Mask of Magniminty. Such a great mask. It’s all natural and it smells like mint chocolate chip ice cream, need I say more?
6. Fossil’s 1954 perfume. I found this gem when I went to Carolina Premium Outlets when Tory was in town and fell in love. It’s in this cute glass bottle with a wooden cap, adorable! She bought this in secret when I was grabbing us coffee and gifted it to me before she left. SO happy. J
7. Front/back earrings. I have no idea where I’ve been but I have been LOVING these earrings. Some have a design attached to the back of the earring and some have a piece that you place on it before putting the back on. My favorite things about them is they look SO edgy and neat without being too in your face about it.
8. Colourpop. I’m not sure if I mentioned this already but I am OBSESSED with Colourpop cosmetics. Their lippiestix are only $5 and they are highly pigmented with great staying power. I prefer their matte shades over any other ones. The matte almost comes off as a cream lipstick, and they have a ton of shades. Their shipping is only $5 (if your total is under $30) and it’s SO GREAT. I also have some of their shadows and highlighters. I love how affordable this company is!
9. Young & Hungry. Why did I just now find this show? I’ve seen it being promoted in commercials and on social media but never really thought “WOW. That is something I really want to watch!” I randomly started watching it and loved it. I watched both seasons on Netflix in about 3 days. That’s how obsessed I became with it. Emily Osmet’s character is hilarious and makes the kinds of jokes I would, but her roommate Sofia has the BEST fashion sense. I love a good preppy outfit.
10. Lime green. Green is my favorite color but since it is summer I’ve been finding a lot of lime green clothing. I would dress in that color every day if I could but let’s face it, black is kind of my signature color when it comes to apparel.
Is it just me or does that sound like the title to a super cheesy porno? Omg. Stop.
I went to visit Dessie (and Patrick and their cute little pup named Buddy) two weekends ago. I am just now writing about it because 1) I needed some time to get my thoughts together. We did so much stuff! 2) I have been super super busy with nannying, packing for my trip to England, pet sitting and finishing orders before I leave! Busy seems to be the new trend these days, everyone is always 'I'm so busy' (me included) but I am serious. I really AM so busy!
That long weekend was so nice! It was good to get away from the drama that is sometimes Toledo, and explore a different city!
Charlotte is such a lovely place! I would definitely live there if I wasn't moving to England!
Here's how our weekend went.
Thursday. I arrive in Charlotte and Des picks me up (thanks babes!). We go straight to work! Like, her work. She works at the NC Music Factory. They have loads of different kinds of venues, from music and comedy to bars and clubs, they have it all. We were there in the early afternoon so it really wasn't booming with people. But I will say, it seems like an awesome place to work!
Then we went for a picnic (I use that term loosely, you will see why in a min) in the park downtown with her friend (and now MY friend) Janet. It was freaking hot, and that is the nicest way I can say it. Sweat everywhere.
Here's the view of the city from the park. Amazing! We took out our 'picnic' food and got to work!
Isn't that a gorgeous pic of Janet!!! Love!
Then we decided it was way too hot to be sitting in the sun, so we went to get our cars and went to the mall. We had to go to Lush. Omg. Lush. So good. I mentioned in last week's I heart Monday post because I just could not wait. I couldn't even get all the things I wanted to because I had to take it all back with me on the plane. No worries though, I was informed that there is a Lush in Solihull (so dangerous) so I can indulge there!
After the mall we went back to the house. I met the most adorable snuggly pup called Buddy and we had a cookout!
After dinner we played the game Bean Boozled. That game is no joke, and I swear I still have nightmares of the 'rotten egg' taste. For those of you who do not know that game, it's where you spin a wheel and get a colour of jelly bean, for example green. Everyone takes a green jelly bean out of the container, and eats it. The catch is that some of them are 'pear' flavoured and some are 'booger' flavoured. There were other nasty ones, like rotten egg, puke, or dirty socks. You don't know which one you got until you bite into it. I think you are actually meant to try to trick your friends into thinking you got the yummy one when really you got the icky one, or vice versa, but we did NOT play that way. We literally had a garbage can between every person, waiting to spit the nasty ones out. It was a rather entertaining game, even though some of those flavours are not anything a jelly bean should EVER be. EVER.
Friday. Friday was outlet mall shopping day, and I bought all the things! Not even ashamed because I got some killer deals.
That night we went to dinner at Revolution Pizza and Ale House, and then to The Blind Pig. Revolution has the most delicious pizza and beer cheese! We also ordered the baked ravioli and that was so good as well. I wish there was one closer!
The Blind Pig is a pub with all sorts of games: skee ball, that basketball 'how many baskets can you make' game, jumbo connect four, battleship. Basically any game you can think of, they have it. Loved it there! Super fun. You could stay there all night, and we practically did.
The area itself was super cool. It even had a pub where you could bring your dog! I need to start one of those when I get to England. Brilliant. So many fun things to look at, it definitely makes you want to come back and explore more.
At the end of the night we went to Amelie's Bakery. The line was super long, and its because their baked goods are made fresh everyday. Everyone wants them! We just got a *couple* things, but the most notable was the Sea Salt Caramel Brownie. Oh. My. Days. It was so delicious. If you are ever there, get like four. And eat one every day.
Saturday morning was pretty chill. We went to lunch and then we went back to the outlet mall because there were such good deals. Then we went on a brewery tour which was fantastic! Great opportunity for beer and photos. Two of my most favourite things.
It totally rained whilst we were on the tour, but we didn't even care, because pretzels. I can't even tell you how many pretzels we had whilst I was there and I'm not even mad about it.
Also I clearly had a good hair day and was super excited so don't judge the amount of photos I am uploading. :)
Then we decided that two huge pretzels were absolutely NOT enough food for three people, so we went to get more food! I totally forget where we went, but it was on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and was delicious. I couldn't even finish the fish sandwich I got, it was so big.
Edit: The restaurant is called Pinky's and I suggest you go there if you are ever in Charlotte! So good.
Saturday night Des and I got down to business and talked blog stuff...at 10pm. Save the best part for last I guess? We have a load of new stuff that we want to do with the blog, products to put out and big goals - so keep coming back to see what we're up to!
That pretty much sums up my weekend holiday! I had such a great time, and Des/Patrick are the best hosts. I am so excited to come back to Charlotte to visit them and cannot wait to plan my next trip down there. Plus I can't go too long without seeing my Buddy!
Leave me some love!
I'm Tory, the creator behind The Barmy Fox. My current loves